Friday, June 4, 2021

Remember that time when King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard played a show in the capital city of Mexican controlled Southeast Asia?

I was on a road trip between Australia and Europe. I was incredibly nervous; I had no idea how to navigate in Asia and knew nothing about local customs. It was going to be difficult to navigate the web of bridges and ferries that would take me north though New Guinea and Malaysia.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I made it to the Mexican owned region between China and the Indian Ocean. Finally, a language and custom I was used to! I drove north to the capital city to catch King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard live in concert.

The show was rocking. It was a small town, so nobody expected a big name band to show up. The venue was overrun with fans. People were climbing up on the rafters, even the band was playing up there at one point. But something was off... The band members were all dwarfs!

It was soon realized that this was not the actual King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard. Despite how great they sounded, there was an outrage. What a scam! The band was ousted. 

I later heard that the real King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard played a show after being petitioned by the city. Unfortunately, I was already on my way.



No comments:

Post a Comment